Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lazy Computing

Today, Apple announced its new product, the iPad. It's a product focussed on putting a computer in your hands when you want to relax. The iPad exists for lazy computing. Computers save time, and now, more than ever, computers are used to waste time. As technology continues to ease into every facet of my life, I expect two things. First, I want to be able to block salacious Internet material. I do not need statistical data to prove that a person is more likely to come across such material while lazily browsing the internet. Second, I expect myself to be able to step away from technology and do other things with my free time. No programmer can instill that characteristic in me; however, I realize how easy it is to sit down and pass the time with a computer instead of using that time to plan and engage myself in hobbies and other real life-exploring activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment